?

Log in

No account? Create an account
I Hearst Huckabees - The Book of the Celestial Cow

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> My Website

March 20th, 2007


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
04:37 pm - I Hearst Huckabees
So I haven't commented on The VM Drama of the moment. Other people have already said what I would say anyway, and I have far too many other things to deal with at the moment. I don't want to get involved. The whole thing just brings me down at a bad time.

So, bring me up. I want you to tell me why you still like/love Veronica Mars. Not why you used to like Veronica Mars. Everyone used to like Veronica Mars. I used to like VM. I still like VM, but I used to, too. I want you to tell me why you still like the show, are looking forward to the final five episodes of the season, and hope for a fourth season, regardless of the format. You know I'm a safe haven for positivity, so show it, please. Send over your friends if you want.

Why are we still watching? Why do we want more? Say it loud and say it proud.
Current Mood: sleepysleepy
Current Music: The Jealous Sound - Hope for Us

(122 memoirs | Describe me as "inscrutable")

Comments:


Page 1 of 4
<<[1] [2] [3] [4] >>
[User Picture]
From:amy37
Date:March 20th, 2007 11:47 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Why do I still like the show?

Because Kristin Bell is adorable, sharp as a tack, and remarkably talented.

Because Enrico Colantoni is my secret, bald, almost middle-aged boyfriend.

Because Rob Thomas named the Marses' dog Backup.

Because even when I disagree with the direction some episodes have taken, or some storylines, the writers are still aiming for something intelligent, funny, and very often emotionally compelling.
[User Picture]
From:raelee
Date:March 20th, 2007 11:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Because I love Veronica. It took me a little while to warm up to her and I resisted with all my might but she won me over and I'm sticking by her to the end. Even if she's a bitch to everyone she doesn't like, sleeps around with all the boys, and fucks her boyfriend's dad, I want to tune in and find out what she's been up to every week. And, if it means I get to keep doing that, I'll follow her to the FBI.
[User Picture]
From:apriljoiex
Date:March 20th, 2007 11:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Best.Post.Ever

Okay, why I still like Veronica Mars? In essay format or...?

We'll go with the bullet points.

Veronica Mars still makes me think. I had a conversation with my friend yesterday and we were talking about the show and she missed some things from the last two episodes and she said "you just have to be so smart to watch that show." and I just laughed, it's not that you have to be smart, but to really get the full benefit you do have to pay attention or you miss things otherwise, they don't connect all the dots for you. I like that.

Veronica Mars is still a a kick-ass tiny little blonde. She's smart, she's cute, and she takes no prisoners. She's my kind of girl

Logan Echolls looks good no matter what he's doing and I'd watch him read the telephone book. Seriously.

Because the cast and crew are awesome, and I've got no doubt that they work hard to make this the most entertaining thing on television and they usually succeed.

Um.. Caged Heat. need I say more?

[User Picture]
From:tarfrimmer
Date:March 21st, 2007 11:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Because the cast and crew are awesome, and I've got no doubt that they work hard to make this the most entertaining thing on television and they usually succeed.

I completely agree. And on that note, this fellow VM/KB fan wanted to thank you for all of your positive and pro-Veronica comments on TWoP. I mostly lurk there, but with everything that's been going on in fandom the past week, I really wanted to let you (and rowanceleste, below) know that there are people like me out there who've really appreciated your comments. :)
[User Picture]
From:loopychew
Date:March 20th, 2007 11:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Even though most of the episodes this season have underused Veronica's friends, when they do appear on-screen with her, the relationships just fall into place. Watching episodes like Hi, Infidelity and Show Me the Monkey make me smile because, while Kristen Bell is awesome and hot and kicks a whole lot of ass, it's really the chemistry she shares with all of her friends, particularly Mac and Wallace, that always make me smile. Daddy/daughter time is also always welcome, and I've enjoyed this past mystery arc, which let them put their heads together to try and solve it.

I'm curious to see how the standalone episodes are gonna play out, and particularly since they've apparently back-loaded most of Wallace and Mac's episodes. C'mon, show more of Veronica with her BFFs!
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:athenacqd
Date:March 20th, 2007 11:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm gonna forward you something I wrote instead. I don't want to post it which is why it's not in my own LJ.

But suffice it to say, I still love the show. I love that it at least attempts to tackle difficult subjects even if it sometimes falls a little short in execution. I love that there is a show where a girl doesn't just start dressing like a porcelin doll every episode where she can be as sassy as the boys and still respected. I love that the people who create the characters (both as writers and as actors) love the characters as much as the fans do.
[User Picture]
From:staygold70
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:27 am (UTC)
(Link)
Anna, will you forward it to me as well? I promise a thought out reply if you do.

Thanks.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:cindywrites
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
I still like it because I'm contrary? No? Ok then.


Damn, I'm glad I added you to my f-list.
[User Picture]
From:punzerel
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:02 am (UTC)
(Link)
I loooooove Veronica. I know she's flawed, but she's realistic flawed, and unless you're an idiot, you can TELL she's flawed and you know the writers know it too. (It's not like Grey's, where they used to pretend Derek was The Perfect Man even when he was being a huge jackass.) VMars is possibly the only show where I actually like the main character - I'm usually all about side characters and meh about the mains. But with VMars, I love almost everyone!
And yes, the show has had some screw-ups, but it's also had some shining moments of awesometude. Plus, Kristen Bell is super-cute, and I want to see her keep solving college mysteries and snarking and angsting a little.

(But as for "any format" - I'm not sure I'd be okay with "4 years in the future and V is an FBI agent.")

p.s. I bet bringing back Deputy Leo would save everything. <3
[User Picture]
From:ivyisgilgamesh
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:05 am (UTC)
(Link)
One: Best father-daughter relationship on television. That's right the best, suck on it Giles/Buffy and HRG/Clairbear (although I love you both)

Two: It's actually realistic for such a none realistic show. Yes, Veronica is a bitch. You would be too if you had seen all the fucked up shit she has. And yes she caught Lilly's killer and she wasn't exactly raped. That shit doesn't just go away. It's a real character trait. She's a bitch cause it keeps her safe. I like that fact.

Three: Okay, not to be like, totally shallow? But she pretty much dresses just like me, when I'm wearing that type of outfit. Yeah, they don't call me self-obsessed for no reason.

Four: And this is the very very most important. This show has brought together the number one most amazing, beautiful, intelligent, funny group of people I've ever had the pleasure to know. I have to believe in a show that has that kind of power. No one ever said faith was easy.
[User Picture]
From:playmayt
Date:March 21st, 2007 03:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I agree with you on #4.
[User Picture]
From:gymble
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:09 am (UTC)
(Link)
Because I'm a mystery junkie.

Because I love witty dialogue.

Because I love to laugh.

Because I love the characters and the actors who play them.

Because even during a less good episode, I still can't tear my eyes from the screen.

Because the show moves briskly.

Because it's the show that taught me the internet isn't always scary and that it is possible to meet cool people on it.
[User Picture]
From:cindywrites
Date:March 21st, 2007 01:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
All of these reasons are my reasons, except the last one (which I learned from Buffy).
[User Picture]
From:amberlynne
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
I could watch Kristen Bell read the phone book, so being able to see her be adorable and spout off snarky dialog every week is like an extra special gift to me. So if I get more of her next season, that will be even more awesomely special. And no matter what, it still one of the best written shows on television.

Yay VM! *twirls*
From:cerulgalactus
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:38 am (UTC)
(Link)
I like the show for a few different reasons, some of which I will say here.

1. It's well written. I am a sucker for a good story, especially if it's full of sharp, laugh out loud dialogue. For witness of this, see any scene between Veronica and Keith this season - for every one scene that makes me roll my eyes (and yes, there have been a few), there are at least a dozen that never fail to put a smile on my face.

2. The cast are brill. Every single one of 'em makes you believe they are who they portray - from Veronica's occasionally bitchy tenaciousness, to Keith's fatherly concern, all the way down to Fern's obnoxious man-hating bullshit, and every "80's star coming back" - all the casting is perfect.

3. Soundtrack!! Need I say more? Well, OK - all the music is tops, be it Josh Kramon's soundtrack, or the hip new tune that is getting its first spin in the background of the scene where Veronica and Logan break up again, it all fits.


I'm looking forward to the final eps of the season mainly out of curiosity of how the teams (front of and behind camera) will handle a handful of self-contained eps. We know that they can do semi-self-contained, but with something that ties it to the big arc, so I want to see how they do with things having to stand on their own.


Of course I hope for a fourth season, and ideally I'd like it to continue as is (what can I say, I want more Parker). That being said, I am a little worried that, if the format change does come to pass, the show will change for the worse. Which is to be expected when such a big change happens - we are all full of doubt and "what ifs". Plus, I've read that most of the cast won't be coming back should the FBI Years be our only option, and dammit, I want my weekly fix of Enrico.


In conclusion, Libya is a land of many contrasts. Goodnight.
[User Picture]
From:orangesky33
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:42 am (UTC)
(Link)
The short version of why Veronica Mars is still my favorite show on television?

No matter how many times I see an episode, even a sub par episode, it's still damn enjoyable.

Veronica and Keith's banter owns my heart.

Logan and Veronica's banter owns my soul.

BFFDOM and SNICKERDOODLES!

I, at least, like, if not love, most every person on this show. The smart. The stupid. The layered. The not-so-layered. The rapey. The dead. The corrupt. The not as corrupt. Everyone is awesome in their own way, due to the crazy sweet casting.

Even though this show has failed,it continues to try new things all the time. S1 dared to solve the fucking mystery. S2 dared to give Neptune more focus, go with a bus crash mystery, and, in turn, let everyone's favorite emo, be-eyelinered mini-09er do some bad, bad things. S3 has Veronica in college and mini mysteries. This show suprises me and keeps me entertained in new ways and I love it for it.

The music choices are awesome.

As for what I want:

More Mac stuff
Wallace (!!)
Veronica to finally get a pony.


[User Picture]
From:par_avion
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm looking forward to VM's return because I'm curious to see what stand-alone eps will feel like. It's new!

Also, there will be more Mac! I love Tina and IIRC she they have some Mac appearances saved up for the end. Mac attack!

And I'm assuming that Wallace will show up in an ep and have more than one line. Yay Wallace!

Another Cliff appearance is possibly too much to ask for...but it's possible, at least until I spoil myself (which I'm not gonna do).

And hopefully Veronica will be funny/snarky. She might even take photos! And solve a crime or four.
[User Picture]
From:glasseseater
Date:March 21st, 2007 12:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
http://dryponder.livejournal.com/109245.html

it's the best I could do without actually watching the show.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com