March 17th, 2005
|05:21 pm - The Fourth of Many Pimpings|
After nearly a month, I finally updated my blog. Learn all about the cardiac action potential, how cool it is, and why you're not dead.
Man, it's been so long I've forgotten what-all I've been meaning to pimp.
Death of the Fametracker forums got you down? Got nowhere to talk about Harry Potter? sneaker328's got your back, yo! Check out her Harry Potter board!
But Sunil, you say, I don't even know how to pronounce J.K. Rowling's name! Is there nowhere for me to discuss, say, publishing and multimedia in general?
Yes, indeed! Thanks to jeeperstseepers, you have your very own board whose title is a Buffy reference! Check out To Read Makes Our Speaking English Good!
(I wasn't really excited, but I had some spare exclamation points lying around.)
Glarkware finally has a Veronica Mars shirt. I'm taking up a collection to buy one for jb88, who embroidered our lovely pillow, but I'm also hoping to stumble across a twenty-dollar bill on the street before March 31 so I can justify my own purchase. Cause...dude. I will admit, it's certainly not the One True VM Shirt, but...it's got a skull-and-crosstridents. And everyone loves pirates!
Oh! Soon after I posted this entry, I buckled down and started up tvgirlfriends. Join! Drool! Squee!
So cleolinda is using her popularity for the forces of good. You can read the gritty details over there, but the bottom line is she's raising money to help out a woman with cancer, and in return, she'll parody a movie. I hadn't realized that Phantom of the Opera in Fifteen Minutes was actually a result of a similar drive back in December. So if you can spare some dough, go, give, log your donation. It's for a good cause, after all. cleolinda parodies! I mean, saving someone's life. Yeah, that.
Also, if you're one of those people who writes fanfic or makes icons or creates mood themes or does any sort of creative fandom-type stuff, please check out fandom_aid. It's a community raising money for tsunami relief. There's also fandom_help, which recently bought an iPod for the daughter of the aforementioned woman with cancer.
I think this is my favorite song this week, and I really have to share it with you all: Snow Patrol - Crazy in Love (BBC Live Version)
In conclusion, ask me five questions.
Current Mood: okay
Current Music: The Hives - Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones
|Date:||March 17th, 2005 11:34 pm (UTC)|| |
Crazy in Love is amazing in all of its forms! That is awesome. (Hey- Snow Patrol man is almost as good at rapping as Jay-Z.)
1. What is your favorite episode of Lost so far?
2. Who do you think will (or do you want to) die on Lost? (If you read spoilers don't answer this question or I will smite you.)
3. Um... what is a good song or band I should listen to?
4. What is your favorite sandwich?
5. What would be the best way for Alias to redeem itself? ;)
I am wiped now, but if you remind me I will totally come back and ask you five questions tomorrow :)
Yes, yes I do. I'll answer the other questions in their own entry when the questions reach critical mass, but the answer to the last question is PayPal. I've asked for about five bucks per person, but you can give less, especially since you are one more person in the mix and someone's already been very generous. In fact, I don't think I'll have a problem getting jb88's shirt. I need to take up a collection for my shirt. (Kidding!)
You're allowed to ask a substitute fifth question now, since your current one will be irrelevant by the time of posting.
Link? You need no link. Have you never used PayPal
? You just put in my e-mail address (from my user info) and the amount you want to send, and click. If you don't have an account, you need to tie it to your back account or a credit card. If you only have a credit card, let me know so I can upgrade my own account, or you can send me a check or whatever. Or you can do nothing, because we're certainly not going to come up short. The issue now is how many extra Glarkware goodies she gets.
Ah, well, it's easy. Click that link and log in. Then click the "Send Money" tab, put in my e-mail address, and the amount you want to send. Then click Send or whatever. Shabam.
I made you blush! *hug*
Don't worry about it. It's a common question, and some of my other readers might be curious as well.
Wait, did you ask that question about potassium before reading my blog post? That's bizarre. Whoa.
Aah, okay. TWoP post, not blog post. Cause I was going to say!
My thesis is on voltage-gated potassium channels, and my seminar next week is on the HERG channel in particular. Which explains all the potassium talk.
I learned that from Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves!
1. What annoys you most about humanity in general?
2. Why do some people look really hot with shaved heads and others look like fried, battered ass on a stick?
3. What do you think could possibly have been the original reasoning behind eating eggs and drinking milk from cows?
4. What do you think is the most ridiculous professional sport in existence?
5. Why won't you make me a sandwich?
Quessssstions, my preciousssss.
1. Isn't Dylan Moran hott? Just kidding. I mean, he is, but that isn't my first question. Here it is: Who is your all-time favorite fictional character?
2. What pet would you most like to have, if you could choose from any animal, no matter how large, impractical, flesh-eating, etc. it may be?
3. Best movie line ever, what is the?
4. Do you prefer sunny days or a light drizzle?
5. If you had to live in a national park for a year, which one would you choose? And what would you want to do while there?
1. Who do you think will win the Super Bowl next year?
2. What is your favorite painting?
3. When will it all start to make sense?
4. Where do you see yourself in six days?
5. What are you - eleven?
Sunil! Go join in the Kevin love
Then I will be a happy child!
I wish for some chocolate, then. Hee!
Give me your address.
March is Sunil-Does-Nice-Things-for-People Month.
Hee! Sunil is too sweet. But I can manage, I have a CVS down the street ;)
However, I shall send you my address if you will send me yours so I can send you unexpected silly things in the mail!
my questions are all going to be about food, because who am I kidding, that's all I ever think about.
what is your favorite cereal?
do you have any foods you can not eat for ethical or religious reasons?
do you have any foods you can not eat for gross out reasons?
what is your favorite kind of cookie?
what is the most hippie-like meal you've ever eaten?