April 16th, 2006
|05:23 pm - Final Friends|
I am now in the Pacific Time Zone. Also, because of my living situation, it is possible that I may not see my shows for a couple days. Please take this into consideration when communicating with me.
- Talked to Kristy on the porch and met her friend Pooja
- Passed Sarah on the way to and fro my apartment as she was Gardening While Cute
- Looked for sunglasses with Melanie
- Had a hot fudge strawberry milkshake at Pizza Bob's while Melanie enjoyed her peanut butter Oreo
- Expressed outrage at the one-dollar arcade games at Pinball Pete's because House of the Dead III would be the most appropriate game for us to play on our last day together
- Mocked Melanie's Skee-Ball skills as she racked up a mere 14,000 points
- Kicked her ass with 21,000 points
- Let her try again for a respectable 20,000, which she considered a victory due to her combined score
- Shot more innocent victims than bad guys and thus died in about ten seconds, a quarter well spent
- Bought Jolly Ranchers with our whopping thirteen tickets
- Perused Middle Earth, the wacky hippie New Age store where you can buy Belief in God spray and spells that might actually work...and also sunglasses and lip balm that Melanie felt the need to apply every ten minutes
- Had a farewell dinner at Pizza House with Kristine and Chelsea
- Attended the very last Basement Arts production to be performed in the Frieze Building, which was going to be torn down
- Saw a modern interpretation of Lysistrata whose script was bad and whose acting was worse, but was still entertaining and had a great ad-lib in the direction of a crying baby...and also a bunch of girls in their underwear
- Watched Die Hard with a Vengeance on FX and marveled at the fact that Melanie, who hadn't even seen the movie, could tell when some of the more violent scenes were edited
- Beamed at Melanie's appreciation of my appreciation for movie violence
- Drank limeade in a martini glass
- Mocked Melanie for thinking "you racist melon farmer" was an actual line of dialogue for Samuel L. Jackson
- Left before the hot German badass sex that only lasted, like, three seconds anyway but had some bra action
- Saw the last Witt's End improv show of the year
- Learned about the frat-boy significance of the popped collar
- Watched The Last Unicorn with Kristine and Melissa and Kristy
- Discussed the penis tree and mocked Jeff Bridges' attempt to sing
- Analyzed the disturbing implications of the movie not able to be seen when we were five
- Watched Slap Shot
- Mistook Paul Newman for George Bush
- Discovered that there are such things as "hegemonic sports" and that America has three of them
- Hugged my girls, with whom I had never spent nearly as much time as I should have
- Took "candid" pictures of Melanie and me
- Freaked out the next morning over the transportation of my computer
- Saw Kristy in her Easter finest and gave her another last hug
- Watched Dogma with Melanie
- Left after "No ticket"
- Hugged and hugged and hugged at the airport
- Hugged some more
- Received one (1) kiss on the cheek
- Promised to watch people die in bloody and horrific ways when she came to visit
- Heard Melanie's last, thoughtful words: "Go away!"
- Read her chronicle of our friendship in my People I Won't See Again for an Indeterminate Amount of Time book, which was addressed to Veronica and signed as Wallace
Current Mood: sad
Good luck! Do you have an apartment? Tell all!
I'm staying with family in Belmont for the time being (ooh, I need to change my location in LJ). I won't get an apartment until I'm sure this job is working out.
Fingers crossed for you! And now after reading that entry, I feel like watching Dogma again. lol
I won't get an apartment until I'm sure this job is working out.
What do you mean? I thought this was what you wanted to do. Are you on a probationary period?
It's officially an internship.
Officially an internsh-- what the hell? What's wrong with these people? I will beat them up, Sunil. I'll beat them up so bad.
It's officially an internship.
When you type that, do you mean "officially an internship", *wink wink*?
No, I mean that I was hired as an intern, and my official job title is Medical Writer Intern.
Intern sounds so "not permanent". How long is your internship? Who decides if you are "working out"?
The internship lasts till the end of May. I don't know who exactly decides if I am "working out." They talk as if I'll be here past May, so I don't have reason to think I won't be, but you never know.
Unless a meteor falls in the Pacific and send a tidal wave to SF, I say buy the apartment.
Oh God. (buries face in hands) The complete sentence was, "Go away, I can't take this," with a little choke on "this". And then I stood outside, looking through the window, trying to get your attention again because it occurred to me that you probably indeed heard "go away," but you weren't looking and the cops were coming for my parked car again so I had to go.
I'm glad I made you cry. I was too tired to cry this morning, but I caught up after my nap.
Heh, it's okay! I knew you didn't mean it like that; I assumed the rest.
You totally didn't cry at the airport like you promised, loser! Being tired is no excuse. Okay, fine, it totally is.
Moving is hard!
But congrats to you. I bet you will settle into your Pacific Time Zone life nicely. Well, except for watching TV on a delay. I bet that will drive you nuts. :)
I, A: am jealous of all beverages mentioned above; B: am extra-smiley because we are in the same time zone now; C: heart you SO much.
Mistook Paul Newman for George Bush
I cannot tell you how often that has happened to me! I think it may qualify as a disability.
I'll be in CA in May. Are you north or south? North, probably. That would be just my luck.
|Date:||April 17th, 2006 02:54 am (UTC)|| |
Have a safe trip!
|Date:||April 18th, 2006 05:01 pm (UTC)|| |
Yeah um, I just realized this post was about how you have already arrived. But in my defense when I read this I had been up for about 46 hours straight.
good luck! all will be good because you are you *hugs*
Now you'll have to visit me. In May. Come quick.
I'll make hot chocolate.
Why do I have to wait till May for hot chocolate?
Because by then it'll have reached a nice vintage.
Also my parents are going away in May and I'm gonna be really lonely so I need everyone to come visit me. That too.
I never got to know you, but yet I'm sad for Mels that she can't join you out in Cali 'cause you two would kick mad ass together.
I wish I could have seen you before you left. Alas, I've been germ-ridden and barely able to breathe freely since April 6th. It sucks. I figured you wouldn't want to begin your new career by importing Michigan cold virsuses.
I'm glad you had fun before you left. I'll miss you.
I'll miss you too! *hugs*
Aw, this was a nice post.
But wait - y'all watched The Last Unicorn, and mocked Jeff Bridges' attempt to sing, but not Mia Farrow's? Because if you missed out on her, that's just wrong. I like having the movie on DVD now so when I watch it I can skip over the song and just pretend like it was never in the movie.
Oh, we mocked her too. And her overwrought voice acting.
Excellent. I was briefly very disappointed in you. I love TLU, although you're right - there's some stuff in there that you just don't notice as a kid. I remember watching it again as a teenager and the moment when it occurred to me exactly why Molly was so pissed off at the unicorn. Plus, um, the tree.