So. What have we learned? What's the lesson for today? For all the neverending days and restless nights in Oz?
That morality is transient? That virtue cannot exist without violence? That to be honest is to be flawed? That the giving and taking of love both debases and elevates us? That God, or Allah, or Yahweh has answers to questions we dare not even ask?
The story is simple. A man lives in prison, and dies. How he dies? That's easy. The who and the why is the complex part. The human part. The only part worth knowing.
The following is an amusing snippet from my attempt to get Rob Thomas to replace the Season One Recap on UPN with something that's actually, you know, a recap:
Me: The advantage of the AOL clip, of course, is that it comes with narration by Kristen to really make it into a story.
Rob: I like the Kristin narration as well.
Me: I find it kind of amusing that even *you* misspell Kristen's name sometimes. It was actually spelled "Kristin" on the Amazon.com DVD page for weeks (maybe months!) before they finally changed it. I think "Kristin" is the more common spelling, at least among celebrities (Kristin Scott Thomas, Kristin Davis, Kristin Kreuk...).
Rob: I misspelled Kristen's name? Really? Hmmm. I do know how to spell it, I swear.
And now, 20 random things about me:
1. I've had some sort of itchy skin thing above my left ankle for close to a year now, and I have no idea what the fuck it is.
2. At Rice, the superstition is that if you walk out the Sallyport, you won't graduate. I walked out the Sallyport twice, once on purpose.
3. A couple Halloweens ago, I dressed up as Lorne.
4. I have 4400 songs on my Winamp playlist right now.
5. The last piece of personal mail I received was from jeeperstseepers.
6. I've been to India four times.
7. In third grade, I wrote a book called The Disastrous Dino War for the "Written and Illustrated by..." contest. The day before it was due, I had to redo the cover and title page because I discovered "Disasterous" wasn't the correct spelling.
8. In sixth grade, I lost the spelling bee to a fifth grader. The word was "translate."
9. I have a subconscious urge to pick leaves off of plants and trees, tear them up, and throw the pieces like confetti.
10. I must have my volume set on an even number.
11. I once got in trouble for peeing outside at recess.
12. A neighborhood boy committing suicide and the "Huggbees!" episode of Freakazoid! are forever linked in my mind.
13. I have 6,544 saved AIM conversations/chats on my computer.
14. I have never been on a date.
15. I proposed to dachelle's voicemail today.
16. I had a crush on Gadget from Rescue Rangers.
17. This list isn't really as random as it could be, because everything is connected to everything else, and that is what I love about the universe.
18. In my wallet, I keep a piece of paper folded to resemble a letter (there's even a hand-drawn 34-cent stamp). Only tigeremme and I know what is written inside.
19. There is no thing 19. There is no Miss Zarves.
20. I was born in San Francisco.