February 2nd, 2012
|09:38 am - Well, What If There Is No Tomorrow? There Wasn't One Today|
Oh my God, why haven't I been posting? Because my world is a crotch, that's why.
- Work. Work. Also, work. So much work. I was at work till after 7 the other night, and, honestly, if I weren't busy with other things, I would be staying late(r) all this week.
- My passport expired, and I need to get a passport photo and send in the application and all that.
- I got a speeding ticket, and I need to pay it and take an online traffic course, but there are like three or four to choose from and I hope the one I pick isn't going to rip me off.
- I need to remember to renew my renter's insurance.
- I am rehearsing for two short plays (yes, two, I picked up a small part in another Eat Our Shorts show). Rehearsals are both on Thursday nights, and I have to run from one to catch the end of the other, since I only have a small part. I'm pretty off-book, but not completely, and I barely had time to practice my lines since the last rehearsal.
- I need to memorize a 1-minute monologue for the Bay Area One Acts audition, but the one I really want to do is 1:40, maybe 1:20 if I cut a little. I have one that's about a minute, but it's not as awesome, though I could probably do well with it; it just wouldn't be as impressive, I don't think.
- I have to expand some 2-page scenes into 5- to 9-page scenes to submit to Act One, Scene Two, who will cold read my scene and then improvise the rest of the play.
- I have to write an ode to the concessions and an ode to the sound designer for the March Theater Pub show. These are short, maybe only a minute or two, but I want to be creative and entertaining, as well as give these roles their due.
- I'm also going to direct one of them.
- And act in one of them.
- I also need to work on the second act of Gravity.
- I also need to write something to submit for this year's Pint Sized Plays.
- I am also putting together four open sessions for the AMWA Annual Conference.
- I am also supposed to be putting together the newsletter for AMWA NorCal but haven't reinstalled Adobe InDesign on my new laptop, and I think I'm going to have issues because I didn't deauthorize the program on my old computer before it died, so I hope one of the registration codes I have still works.
- I haven't backed up my laptop in a few months, and I should.
- I am e-mailing with a potential future wife who actually sounds promising from the one e-mail I've gotten from her.
- I did meet this cute girl I was maybe going to ask out (ha ha, yeah right), but then I stalked her Twitter and found out she has a boyfriend.
- Uh, I still watch TV and movies and read books and play games and sometimes eat food?
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)