February 23rd, 2005
|02:41 pm - Ten Things I've Done You Probably Haven't|
1. Been issued a criminal trespass warning...for "breaking into" the University of Houston band hall.
2. Originated the role of Dr. Zook in Butter Battle. (2a. Been in a Star Wars fan film.)
3. Met Norm Macdonald at a Lake Tahoe casino and Mischa Barton at JFK airport. (3a. Caught a rubber severed foot thrown by Chuck Palahniuk.) (3b. Met Terry Pratchett and Neal Stephenson on consecutive days.) (3c. Had a conversation with Dar Williams.) (3d. Had Sean Stewart address me by name in a Puppet Master chat.)
4. Dislocated my shoulder on a football field...but not from playing football. (4a. Accidentally jumped off a stage in front of a live audience.) (4b. Lacerated my ear by running full force into a stone column.) (4c. All in the same school year.)
5. Won $1000--the top and only prize--for a short story judged by professional writers...and won $150--second place--for the same story judged by grad students.
6. Danced in the streets of Bardoli, India.
7. Helped fund a Tegan and Sara music video.
8. Developed a lasting friendship with a girl I met at a movie theater.
9. Participated in a national folk dance competition...twice.
10. Growled in the face of the president of Rice University, who--wearing a black cloak, black hat, orange face paint, and fake fangs--had grabbed my shoulders and growled in my face...all while I was wearing nothing more than shoes, socks, a watch, and shaving cream.
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: Our Lady Peace - In Repair