July 3rd, 2005
|02:48 pm - Say What?|
All right, it's Sunday. Let's play a game. Not the screencap game, since that's way too much trouble for me. Instead, you are going to identify lines from television shows. Name the show and the character who said it. For at least one, the line may have simply been text on the screen. No television show will be used more than once. If you figure out a few, you may get some hints for the others. The person who gets the most right (no cheating!) wins...nothing. Unless you have some deep desire for me to write about something, then maybe I'll humor your request. I'm too lazy to screen comments, so you're on your honor, guys. I won't strike out the ones that have been guessed: just try them all without looking first. Then feel free to keep trying if no one else has commented with the right answer. Or even if they have. Everyone have fun! There are no losers here! Only winners...who haven't won...yet.
1. "Me? Well, let me tell you something about normal people like me. They just wish they were special, like you."
2. "That's the plan? Walking real quick was the plan?"
3. "Well, other bands know more than three chords. Your professional bands can play up to six, sometimes seven completely different chords."
4. "But you're well proportioned, that counts for something."
5. "This is where I felt it the first time: the universe was cocking the Fuck-With-Me Gun."
6. "Because it honestly believes they should die. Human beings are different, and anything different is wrong. It's the ultimate in racial cleansing, and you, Van Statten, you've let it loose!"
7. "You found me broken."
8. "'What? I can't hear you. Hold on, let me put the phone up to my bionic ear. There, that's better. WAIT, not so LOUD! I have bionic hearing.'"
9. "That is chocolate-covered death."
10. "Pancakes are cake. Pancakes are for breakfast."
11. "I'm sorry. I don’t get references before 1990."
12. "Quickest way to find the needle? Burn the haystack."
13. "You know, in ancient Persia, the kings would kill a messenger who brought them news they didn't like. In modern times a sword in the chest might seem a little extreme. Something more subtle would be in order. Enjoying your drink?"
14. "God of commerce, wrestling, gymnastics, thieving, good luck, sleep, wealth, and dreams."
15. "Safe? What's safer than a morgue?"
16. "Me and Ashley don't mix. We're like oil and...Satan."
17. "What is it with you girls and your girly-girl drama?"
18. "There's like six Law and Orders on the air now, have you not seen one of them?"
19. "I was just never sure your little feet could reach the pedals."
20. "Lesson #3: No theoretical questions about meteorological anomalies"
Current Mood: lazy
Current Music: Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
|Date:||July 3rd, 2005 02:55 pm (UTC)|| |
7. Firefly, Firefly, Firefly.
Just had to jump on that one first, 'cause I'm obsessed. ;)
Well, good for you. Heh. That one was easy. So far, you're winning!
|Date:||July 3rd, 2005 03:02 pm (UTC)|| |
Well, I've come to realize that I'm a very visual person because I recognize...two. Well, I know two, a lot of them sound familiar, but I can't put my finger on them.
So, without further ado:
6. Doctor Who. Said by the good Doctor himself.
17. Veronica Mars. Wallace said it. (What? You're surprised?)
And a few wild guesses:
2. Sounds like Buffy. Which could mean it's Firefly too. Or Angel.
3. Actually, this one is Buffy. Oz says it. Which means I amend the above to Firefly.
6. Correct! I just watched that episode today. Great episode.
17. Well done!
2. No, to your amended answer.
So that's...three points! Or something.
Feel free to make wild guesses like I did. It's fun.
3. Buffy. It's Oz. *misses Oz*
I *know* I've heard #4
but can't remember where. Woe.
11. I think this is probably from The O.C.
, and said by Summer.
13. This would be Lex, from Smallville
, back when I was watching the show.
15. Uhm..., The Inside
? Probably a Danny line.
19. Mulder to Scully, in The X-Files
, "Syzygy". *smacks Mulder*
20. Damn, this one is on the tip of my tongue....
4. I'm not sure whether you've actually heard this one or not. But you should hear it, if you haven't.
Yep! Nope. But here's a hint. You're right. Just for the wrong line.
20. I would love you even more if you knew this one.
There are totally more you should get. As in, I know you've watched these shows!
3. Buffy. Oz.
4. Wonderfalls. I think.
6. Doctor Who. The Doctor.
7. Firefly. River.
8. Freaks and Geeks. Bill.
10. The Inside. Danny Love.
I feel like I did really bad. I recognize some of these others, but have no idea where from.
6. Yep! I didn't know you watched that. That's from the episode I saw today.
8. Yep! I knew you'd get that one.
See, you did good! You got enough to figure out why 4 can't be Wonderfalls. So now you might be able to find the Wonderfalls line. Cause you know there is one.
3. Oz (Seth Green) on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (4x16 - "Doppelgangland")
4. Think I've seen this, but not sure.
5. George on Dead Like Me?
6. The Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) on Dr. Who (2005 series "Dalek")
7. River (Summer Glau) on Firefly (not sure what ep, maybe "Ariel"?)
10. Danny Love (Adam Baldwin) on The Inside (1x04 - don't know the title!)
11. I know I've seen this one. Recently. Um. I've been watching Dark Angel recently, I'll guess that. Max (Jessica Alba) on Dark Angel.
15. Six Feet Under? I was going to guess Tru Calling but then thought since I was blindly guessing I'd blindly guess a good show.
20. I've seen this one recently, too.
One of these has to be VM, but I'm failing to figure out which one, and it's driving me nuts.
4. You may have. Maybe.
7. Yep! "Safe," actually.
10. Well done.
11. Nope. I've never seen Dark Angel.
15. I've never seen SFU. But I'll give you points for your second guess, if you can get the character.
20. Dude. You totally have. Come on. You're like one of the few people on my flist who can get it.
1) BtVS - Xander.
2) AtS - Gunn - that ep in which Gunn and Cordelia meet Angel sneaking into Wolfram & Hart.
18) Bones. DB's character: Sleed, or Steed, or something.
I got nothing.
He he he.
1. Nope. But there is a BTVS line in there.
18. Nope. I haven't watched the pilot. But you've heard this line.
Ah, this is fun. After having my brain all confuzzled by these things so many times, I get to be the confuzzler!
The only one I know for sure is #9
. It's Mrs. Kim from Gilmore Girls. I think that #17
is Wallace from Veronica Mars. Apparently I don't watch enough TV.
2. Gunn on Angel(On Angel's plan to break into Wolfram and Hart. I wanna say season 2, but I can't remember the ep)
3. Oz on Buffy (Harsh Light of Day I think)
7. River on Firefly (Safe)
9. Mama Kim on Gilmore Girls (Deer Hunters? Really early season one anyway)
10. Well someone mentioned it in the meet marked really recently... I want to say "The Inside"? Danny?
17. Wallace on Veronica Mars (Ruskie Business)
A couple of the others look vaguely familiar (I'm sure I can get 1 eventually)but that's all I've got so far.
You might get 1 if you take a look at your answers and see if you notice anything fishy.
Ack! These are not easy!!!
That said, with 20 different shows, its unlikely I have even watched many of them...
2. Gunn in Angel.
3. Buffy... said by Oz.
6. The Doctor. Doctor Who. Episode 1x06/27x06 - Dalek!
7. River to Simon. Firefly.
10. The Inside!!! Adam Baldwin as Danny - in episode 1x04!!! :D
11. Summer on the OC. :D
17. Veronica Mars. Ack! It's either Wallace or Weevil that said it. :/
18. Sharon to Jaye in Wonderfalls. The one where they put the housekeeper in the trunk.
19. Mulder to Scully in The X-Files. :)
That's a bit lame, isn't it?
100% accuracy! I think that's the best so far, actually. Oh, oops. 99% for 17. But yeah, it's Wallace.
You've definitely got enough to help you with the others. Take a look at your answers, see if you notice anything fishy.
|Date:||July 3rd, 2005 04:13 pm (UTC)|| |
*so tempted to peek at others' answers*
1. Oh..oh.. The 4400... who, Maria? No, Diana!
2. Gunn, Angel
3. Oz, BtVS
5. Dead Like Me, George
7. River, Firefly
9. Mrs. Kim?, Gilmore Girls
11. Dude... Summer, The O.C.
15. Harrison, Tru Calling
17. Wallace, Veronica Mars
18. I know this is Wonderfalls...
19. Mulder (I think), X-Files
Shit, dude! Well done!
18 is WF. Guess the character! You're totally winning.
Also, you definitely have enough to see the hint for the other shows.
Ooh! Ooh! They're in alphabetical order!
4. Cupid! I <3 Jeremy Piven.
20. X-Men cartoon?? Total guess. It fits alphabetically and seems like it could refer to Storm. *shrug*
Here via neptune_video
. My, my, you are popular.
Ha! Good job on picking up on the pattern! Also, nice Harold and Kumar icon.
4. Yay! You're the first person to get that!
20. Nope. But you've got a letter right.
I'm not popular, I'm just drawn that way.
"Pancakes are cake. Pancakes are for breakfast."
Adam Baldwin on the newest episode of The Inside. And isn't it sad that I know only this one? (Well, it is Adam Baldwin...)
2. Dib: Invader Zim
3. Daniel Osbourne: Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
12. Aaron Echolls: Veronica Mars
Other TV shows no doubt used - The OC, Smallville, Dead Like Me, Dawson's Creek, Battlestar Galaga, Full House, Firefly and Angel.
Its too early in the morning for my brain to function....good.
2. Nope. But hee.
12. Nope. But you've seen this show.
Other TV shows used: some of them, yes. Except BSG, which I have not seen.
OK, because I am totally anal (and a ginormous dork), I went through all the answers to see which ones have not been answered:14. "God of commerce, wrestling, gymnastics, thieving, good luck, sleep, wealth, and dreams."
So, it's between Smallville
and Tru Calling
. Hmmm, Sports Night
? I don't even know if you've ever watched that show, but it sounds like something Aaron Sorkin would have his characters say. Jeremy? Or Danny.16. "Me and Ashley don't mix. We're like oil and...Satan."
No friggin' clue.
, of course. Which I've decided must be from one of those Saturday Morning cartoon shoes you watched when you were 5 and in footie pyjamas.
14. Yes! I've seen the first season and loved it. I need to see the second season. It's Jeremy. Well done. I love you for being anal and a ginormous dork.
16. That one may be tough, since it was a not-that-popular sitcom on ABC for a few years that I caught in endless reruns on WE.
20 has finally been gotten by one of the people who should have gotten it. It's not a cartoon, and it is airing currently.
You should try Googling it, though. I hear the results are amusing.
8 is Bill from Freaks and Geeks, and I am in love with him.