June 28th, 2005
|10:11 pm - Night of the Living Plastic|
1. People suck.
2. The job opportunity in Chicago won't even bother to consider me because I don't have any experience.
3. I've sent my writing exercises to the place in Connecticut. I should hear how much I suck in 1-2 weeks.
4. kieyra does not suck.
5. I want to rip my thesis into shreds, I'm so tired of looking at it.
6. But I have to make it sexier so we can get it published.
7. Of course, it'll probably get rejected anyway.
8. People suck.
9. I met Jamie and her girlfriend Nicki yesterday. They did not suck. I'd known kniha online, pre-LJ, for four years.
10. People suck.
11. xo_willow_xo does not suck. Everyone go welcome her to LiveJournal so she does not leave.
12. My comic book store is closing at the end of June. After tomorrow, I don't know how I'm going to keep up with my comics without, you know, paying for them.
13. I am out of both milk and ketchup.
14. I watched the first episode of the new Dr. Who. It was pretty good; things blew up. The Doctor feels a little too wacky at the moment; I'm not sure what the tone of the series is supposed to be. But half my flist went batshit over the last two episodes, and I'm interested to see why. So if you spoil me, I will kill you. I will kill you dead.
15. Like a tomato.
Current Mood: crappy
Current Music: Distillers - Dismantle Me
Doctor Who good. Tomatoes bad, unless Ketchup, in which case Heinz. Here in England, we usually call it 'red sauce' in order to distinguish it from, um, brown sauce, which we call...'brown sauce'. You will need to appreciate that this Dr Who has a more modernist sense of humour and more bodily humour jokes than previous series. That I could live without. BTW, that is not a spoiler. it is a warning.
People DO suck. Totally. They suck just as much in Brisbane as they do in Ann Arbor. Or maybe it's just random suckiness in Brisbane and Ann Arbor - maybe we're on People Who Suck Hellmouths or something. Not that they literally suck hellmouths...
OH you know what I mean. It's late and I'm tired.
Thank you for the welcome.
If you squish me, I'll make ketchup. (Except I'll be called "tomato sauce".)
|Date:||June 29th, 2005 04:51 pm (UTC)|| |
But I have to make it sexier so we can get it published.
When I started grad school and heard professors refer to article titles as "sexy" I was all, "the hell?"
Er, that was me. LJ changed the interface and I accidentally clicked Post Comment with the Anonymous option chosen. I'm such a loser.
Aw. I'm sorry for the suckage. May the milk and ketchup fairies be kind to you.
Aw, would you look at that. Even Kristen Bell feels bad for me.
|Date:||June 30th, 2005 12:44 am (UTC)|| |
I don't suck. . .but I'd probabl suck even less if I got my ass back to the TWOP forums.
Since I missed this earlier discussion earlier in the MM...
Dear Kansas City:
Sunil is totally the best medical writer on the planet AND he knows pharmacology shit, theoretically, even though he's forgotten most of it, BUT he can relearn it JUST FOR YOU.
And he just rocks the "grammah" in general.
|Date:||June 30th, 2005 08:01 am (UTC)|| |
and me, right?
That completely sucks though. And partially why I'm going to another country.
|Date:||June 30th, 2005 11:39 am (UTC)|| |
Hell is other people is definitely the quote of the week.
I don't know exactly what you're looking for, and I'm quite ignorant in matters of academia, but have you checked out the Research Triangle Park area?
Yep, people suck except for the ones who don't.
And I have seen the first episode of the new Dr. Who (kieyra
kindly uploaded it for me) and it was awesome. But I haven't seen the rest of the series, which isn't so awesome. Much watch it.
you should be helping Georgia Lass...
(though it's understandable how Kristen Bell/Ronnie Mars must've swept you off your feet enough for you to forget that another dearly show still has a faint glimmer of a chance of being revived....)
Uh, is there really any sort of chance at all? Isn't Callum Blue in a pilot next season?