?

Log in

Where Were All My Jaw-Dropping Moments? - The Book of the Celestial Cow

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> My Website

February 5th, 2007


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
11:54 pm - Where Were All My Jaw-Dropping Moments?
So I realized today that I totally forgot my LJversary a few days ago on January 29. Two years ago, LiveJournal made little fanfare for a new talent on the scene. Did it know that I would revolutionize icon comments? Gaze upon them and despair!

aprilbegins: but I've never seen anyone make statements about the icon designer like that before
aprilbegins: perhaps you have
spectralbovine: Nope.
spectralbovine: That was my own invention.
aprilbegins: THAT'S INCREDIBLE

I am a special butterfly!

Prison Break

This show is so fucking depraved. I can't take much more of T-Bag's Domestic Nightmare. It's just too uncomfortable.

I also feel no need to watch Bellick practice his opening line in the car because no one fucking cares about Bellick. He is a plot device, not a beloved character.

The main plot about, you know, the main characters? That's still good stuff. Michael! Sara! Making out! Aw! Love! Those crazy kids. And I fucking love that Kim tried to voice-fake Kellerman into believing the President would take him back. Haaaaaa. And then his DAMMIT expression when Kellerman figured him out. I could definitely watch more of When Allies Become Adversaries.

Mahone talked Haywire into suicide. That's...that's just psychotic, man.

Heroes

Pretty good episode unburdened by Matt Parkman's domestic woes or Mohinder's pontificating! Does that make each of them half a Lana?

So, it turns out that Claude fucking rocks. The dog-training metaphor was great, and he used the word "autonomic"! How cool is he? And then he THROWS PETER OFF THE FUCKING ROOF AHAHAHA. I mean, I totally saw it coming because that's exactly what I'd do, too, but it was still awesome. Especially because he had a completely valid and hilarious point that if Peter hadn't survived, he would have just stopped the biggest bomb ever. And then holy crap!! He's an "old friend"! Mr. Bennet knows him!

One thing: is his speech invisible too? I mean, does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?

So Peter's ability just got three thousand times more interesting because, dude. He's like Sylar without the brain-eating! Except way more volatile. That is what schoolboy crushes get you, Peter! Claire drives him crazy and makes him go nuclear! She's like his anti-Katara! That was a very freaky scene, there, and Claude awesomed again by punching him in the face. I love how it's like Claude's just been beaten down by the world and people that he just doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's the Invisible Man! No one sees him!

Simone sucks again. That's refreshing. And Isaac sucks too! He's working with Mr. Bennet! To catch Peter! So he won't blow up New York! Okay, so that's sort of a good goal. I CAN'T TELL GOOD FROM EVIL ANYMORE. THE LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED MANY TIMES ALREADY, PROMO GUY. SHUT UP. But, seriously, Isaac has no character at all. It's pretty annoying when you stop to think about it. He's the ex-druggie who paints the future and loves Simone for some ungodly reason. But he has no personality beyond that. Is the actor even trying? Or does he recognize how underwritten his character is and just gives up?

I can't believe Claire is keeping up that fake manatee report. Ha! She rocks so hard, and I love watching her immediately turn off her facade as soon as her mom leaves. The meeting with her real mom was nice, and they really do look like mother and daughter. Loved the "Some family" moment. FIRE!

You know, Hiro's great and all, and George Takei is George Takei, but what was the fucking point of that shit? I feel like we just wasted two episodes of Hiro. That went absolutely nowhere, and even if his dad and sister come back and show that they have powers too, I'll still feel that this storyline was somewhat of a waste of time. I mean, I did love the way Hiro got his dad to make his sister EVP instead, but there was zero advancement of anything, and that's annoying.

Sylar! Holy shit, Sylar is insane. I mean...I guess we already knew this, but we never really saw it until he pulled a full-on T-Bag on Claire's mom. And I thought he was being stupidly stupid in the way villains are when he started being really obvious about Claire's "talents," but, thankfully, he was already at a point where he was ready to strike and was deliberately not maintaining the guise any longer. At which point he became really fucking creepy. And, er, is it bad that I didn't really care whether Claire's mom died? Well, I don't care about her and her Leonard Shelbyed self, but I care how it would affect Claire.

But don't tell me you didn't crack the hell up when they hilariously teased us with Mr. Bennet's first name before having Mr. Muggles foil that revelation! They're really attached to that Horn-Rimmed Glasses moniker, aren't they? First names are for squares!

Linderman is one freakyass mofo who wants Jessica roaming the streets. And Jessica seems to have taken over! And trapped Niki in the metaphorical mirror! Rampage time! JESSICA SMASH!

Finally, at the end, the scene we've all been waiting for, and...AAAAH OMG IT'S NATHAN JUST LIKE HALF OF EVERYONE GUESSED!! Peter is Claire's way cool uncle that she can't make out with now! Except in fanfic. Some family!

I give the promo for next week HALF A FLAIL.

Studio 60

As soon as Heroes ended, I excitedly got up from the couch, and then I remembered with annoyance that I had Studio 60 to watch afterward. And that's when I realized that I just had to let it go. I left it on as I went to the computer. Coyotes or something? I DON'T CARE! Matt and Harriet? I DON'T CARE! Danny and Jordan? I DON'T CARE! It's not that it's an awful show; it's just that there's so little I really like about it, and it's just getting repetitive and irritating at this point. I keep wondering why I'm still watching it, and I have enough emotional stress in my life right now! And this isn't Gilmore Girls or Smallville where I have years of attachment, so I will stick it out. I have no attachment to S60! I just keep wondering why it's not as awesome as Sports Night! And I read something from Sorkin that said he's going to be pushing the show in a more romantic comedy direction, and did you read the part where I DON'T CARE?

Goodbye, Studio 60. You should have been much better. Maybe when you are inevitably cancelled, I will catch up on the episodes I missed, just for closure.

I leave you all with this.
Current Mood: blahblah
Current Music: Beastie Boys - Body Movin' (Fatboy Slim Remix)

(50 memoirs | Describe me as "inscrutable")

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:aprilbegins
Date:February 6th, 2007 08:40 am (UTC)
(Link)
In response to your ellipsis of sorrow, I give you Morpheus Twiggy.

[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 08:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
...Oh my God.
[User Picture]
From:pandora_17
Date:February 6th, 2007 08:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
So, it turns out that Claude fucking rocks.

You say this like you're surprised. Of course he was going to fucking rock, that's what he does.

And then he THROWS PETER OFF THE FUCKING ROOF AHAHAHA. I mean, I totally saw it coming because that's exactly what I'd do, too, but it was still awesome.

Please. You would not. I doubt you'd throw a pigeon off the roof if it asked you to.

Sylar! Holy shit, Sylar is insane. I mean...I guess we already knew this, but we never really saw it until he pulled a full-on T-Bag on Claire's mom.
AHAHAHHA. You could not have worded that any better if you tried. And I almost couldn't watch that scene because I thought Sylar was going to hurt Mr. Muggles. Although, it would have been kind of hilariously awesome if he went Ozzy Osbourne on him.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 08:45 am (UTC)
(Link)
I doubt you'd throw a pigeon off the roof if it asked you to.
I'd throw YOUR MOM off the roof.

You could not have worded that any better if you tried.
Trying makes my brain hurt.
[User Picture]
From:orangesky33
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
And then he THROWS PETER OFF THE FUCKING ROOF AHAHAHA.

Hee. Claude WINS!

Peter is Claire's way cool uncle that she can't make out with now! Except in fanfic.

*g* Well, I never really wanted the making out anyway, because she's still a minor and that would make Peter...that creepy guy that's getting it on with a minor.
And Syler is creepy enough for everyone, therefore, no.
But yay uncle-age!

At which point he became really fucking creepy. And, er, is it bad that I didn't really care whether Claire's mom died? Well, I don't care about her and her Leonard Shelbyed self, but I care how it would affect Claire.

*gasps* Shame! What about the way it would effect Mr. Muggles?! Seriously?


I can't believe Claire is keeping up that fake manatee report. Ha!

*does the happy dance of lingering manatees projects* Ilovethisshow for that.


[User Picture]
From:jeeperstseepers
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:14 pm (UTC)
(Link)
One thing: is his speech invisible too? I mean, does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?

Yeah, I wondered about that. I've decided I'll accept it, because it's New York and it can be tough to isolate individual voices and cars sounds on a crowded street, especially in the winter if you've got a hat and scarf muffling the din.

I thought this episode was kind of meh. I wasn't miserable watching it, but when I thought about it after, I started getting annoyed. The Hiro story really was a waste of time. I am sick of Nikki/Jessica. Every episode with her is the same and it's boring. We haven't even been told what her deal is yet, and considering she's gotten more screen-time than many other characters, that's crazy. I mean, it seems that she doesn't just have DID, but in that case...huh? What is her power exactly and how does it frickin work?

I don't go into any Heroes threads, discussions, or communities, and I didn't watch the promo after last week's ep, but I caught the damn commercial on the radio. IDIOTS. Of course I came to the conclusion that Nathan was the most likely person. They're really determined to spoil the universe, aren't they.

Claude saved the episode. Hoorah for Nine!
From:wee_warrior
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I just love your recaps. Awesome.

And I wish the Heroes promo guy would listen to you and finally SHUT UP. Or at the very least learn all the character's names and not just Peter's. (Because, seriously. Do they think "The Single Mom with an Alter Ego" is less silly than "The Dreamer?")
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 03:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I like The Invincible Cheerleader, myself.
[User Picture]
From:etherealclarity
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
She's like his anti-Katara!
Bahahaha!!!

Okay, for whatever weird reason when I saw Issac's painting, I thought it was Peter and Hiro's sister in the painting, not Simone and Issac. I think that would have been a better use for Hiro's sister, if they had come up with a way for that to happen.
[User Picture]
From:wolfpilot06
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I was happy just referring to Claire's Mysterious Real Father as the Man with the Pink Shirt Sleeve, but then had a screaming moment of "WTF" when I found out it was Nathan. I seem to be the only person on earth who did not see that coming from about fifty miles away. It then took me another five hours to realize that that made Peter Claire's uncle, which gave me another squealing "WTF" moment.

Yeah, it's sad when I kind of like Matt's character and think Mohinder's a pretty piece of eyecandy, but then don't even notice they're not in the episode until the promo of the next episode. I do miss Eden's character, though. Wah.

I think that people can hear Claude and Peter's invisible speech, 'cause when Claude hid Peter from Nathan and Mohinder, he clapped his hand over Peter's mouth to keep him quiet. Like someone explained earlier, I think it's just that it's NYC, and nobody really listens to anybody else there. :P

And I pretty much agree with pretty much everything else that you said. :D Your episode synopses are the best.

**Wolf**

P.S. Re: the promo for the next episode. WTF MOHINDER. WTF. WHY DO YOU DO SOMETHING SOMEWHAT INTELLIGENT ONE EPISODE AND THEN TURN AROUND AND HOOK UP WITH YOUR FATHER'S MURDERER THE NEXT (ONE THAT YOU ARE IN). Not that you know he's your father's murderer or anything, but dude. Dude. Spinning in his grave. He's probably got serious motion sickness by now.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, why the HELL would Mohinder team up with Sylar, for fuck's sake? Yeah, they both have the same goal of wanting to find the supers, but does he not get that HE WANTS TO EAT THEIR FUCKING BRAINS? Please tell me the promo guy is lying through his teeth again.
[User Picture]
From:harper47
Date:February 6th, 2007 01:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I felt exactly like that about Studio 60. I am soooooooo disappointed in these romances. And Jordan just giving in like that, gah, blech, no, just say no to the stalker. Don't stick your tongue down his mouth. Sigh.

I am putting it way, way down on maybe I'll keep watching it till they yank it in March list.

"You know, Hiro's great and all, and George Takei is George Takei, but what was the fucking point of that shit? I feel like we just wasted two episodes of Hiro. That went absolutely nowhere, and even if his dad and sister come back and show that they have powers too, I'll still feel that this storyline was somewhat of a waste of time. I mean, I did love the way Hiro got his dad to make his sister EVP instead, but there was zero advancement of anything, and that's annoying."

I could not agree more. What a waste.

Loved Claude throwing Peter off the roof. Loved Sylar's bit. Still bored with Jessica/Niki's routine but at least they're out of the asylum and there might be some story advancement.


[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
So they did hook up, just like the promos promised? Come on, Jordan. Is all of America talking about it?
[User Picture]
From:horsefacehannah
Date:February 6th, 2007 03:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Awwww, but Tom Jeter!!!!!!!!!!!
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Tom is a decent guy, but he's stuck in a subpar show.
[User Picture]
From:r_a_l_i_g_h
Date:February 6th, 2007 03:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
One thing: is his speech invisible too? I mean, does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?
No, I don't think so. I'm fairly certain in the scene where he's blocking the clothes rack, you can still hear their voices even in the "general populace pov" where they are invisible. I just figured - it's the streets of New York, meaning at any one point there's approximately 167 people in any 20' radius.

(Speaking of Claude, did you notice one of the first things he stole this episode was a long and stripy scarf?)

Claire drives him crazy and makes him go nuclear! She's like his anti-Katara!
Hee! So I'm not the only one who was drawing Avatar parallels?

I CAN'T TELL GOOD FROM EVIL ANYMORE. THE LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED MANY TIMES ALREADY, PROMO GUY.
No kidding. I have flip-flopped on the "He/she's Evil/Good/Evil/Good/Morally Grey But Motivated By Good Intentions/Decent Person Manipulated By Circumstance and Evil Forces/- I mean Good!/ - I mean Evil!" so often I don't know which end is up half the time.

I am also deeply (somewhat) conflicted over the fact that two of the characters that I am enjoying the most are also the two characters whose actions I have most frequently found to be morally despicible and personally abhorant.

It keeps me watching though, so kudos, Kring and Co.

But don't tell me you didn't crack the hell up when they hilariously teased us with Mr. Bennet's first name before having Mr. Muggles foil that revelation!
Heehee. Yes! (I really have developed a great fondness for Mr. Muggles) Although, someone else on my flist pointed out that we got a couple shots of his drivers license, which presumably has a given name upon it. I haven't checked my tape (although I'd be surprised if they let us see it - I seem to remember a thumb being over the edge of the card) For some reason, I think it starts with a "J" - maybe because that's a very common letter for for first names and we have had no one - other than the late Jackie "Wrong Cheerleader," and, of course, Jessica - with that initial.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
(Speaking of Claude, did you notice one of the first things he stole this episode was a long and stripy scarf?)
Ha, people keep mentioning that, but I think I missed it.

Hee! So I'm not the only one who was drawing Avatar parallels?
OH GOD. I just came up with that anti-Katara bit as a joke while you're writing, but you're right! This entire episode was "The Guru"! Why should Peter let go of the people he cares about? Three chakras ago, that was a GOOD thing!

For some reason, I think it starts with a "J" - maybe because that's a very common letter for for first names
Yeah, I think I saw the J, too.
[User Picture]
From:daynr
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I need to watch, obviously, but somehow I'm totally missing this anti-Katara thing. Expect to have to dumb it down later for me once I finally watch.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Remember that scene at the end of "The Desert" that totally didn't bring a tear to your eye where Katara keeps Aang from going Avatar State on the Sandbenders? That's what I was thinking about. Because this was the opposite. You'll see.
From:tlace
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Heroes was excellent! There was no "Mohindering" of my enjoyment (sadly that streak ends next week). Claude is awesome and Claude/Peter is awesomer. Claire's story just gets more interesting, Sylar is fabulously evil, Hiro is my FAVORITE and I do believe that Daddy Hiro knows stuff and I can't wait to find out what!! Also, how great is it that they actually speak Japanese the entire time they're together? I LOVE IT!

One thing: is his speech invisible too? I mean, does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?
I noodled that exact thought the entire ep and then figured out that their clothes are invisible, anything they hold (the purse) becomes invisible so, my guess, yes their speech is somehow "invisible" too. That, or none of the people they bump into want to admit they hear voices.

[User Picture]
From:spideychris
Date:February 7th, 2007 03:40 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That, or none of the people they bump into want to admit they hear voices.

It WAS a crowded New York sidewalk. So maybe people just kept assuming that they were hearing other conversations taking place around them like any other day. The noise gets lost in the rest of the noise.
[User Picture]
From:gymble
Date:February 6th, 2007 04:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Does that make each of them half a Lana?
As long as there are plots which do not revolve around them and the other characters do not fall in love with them, I think we're safe. They may, however, have reached Lois status.

does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?
I couldn't tell. At first I thought they could be heard, but now I'm not sure. Someone more observant will surely know this.

I can't believe Claire is keeping up that fake manatee report.
I loved that so much.

what was the fucking point of that shit?
No kidding. Hiro is off the family hook now? Well, that was easy.

And, er, is it bad that I didn't really care whether Claire's mom died?
No. I mean who the hell is stupid enough to invite the strange man she finds in her house over for dinner? Is she completely brain dead? I was more scared for the dog, and I hate yippy lap dogs.
[User Picture]
From:bellanut
Date:February 6th, 2007 05:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Pretty good episode unburdened by Matt Parkman's domestic woes or Mohinder's pontificating! Does that make each of them half a Lana?

Hee! I tend to think Mohinder is a full Lana all on his own. As for Matt? It took me a minute to remember who he is. Poor guy.

I couldn't agree more about the boringness of the Hiro scenes this week. I actually started watching an episode of Friends and didn't want to flip back.

Sylar! Holy shit, Sylar is insane.

I'm trying to think of a cooler villian on tv right now and... nope. SYLAR WINS.

As soon as Heroes ended, I excitedly got up from the couch, and then I remembered with annoyance that I had Studio 60 to watch afterward.

I am laughing SO hard at that. But it's empathetic laughing because I am two steps behind you. I didn't make it through last weeks episode, and I only barely made it through this one. And by the end of this one? I HATED MATT. I still love Tom, and Lucy, and I really liked Jack this time around, but I just don't know how much more of it I can take.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 05:30 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm trying to think of a cooler villian on tv right now and... nope. SYLAR WINS.
You know who else is awesome? AZULA. *pimps Avatar* Best teenage sociopath ever.

And by the end of this one? I HATED MATT.
I was hating him all through the first twenty minutes I saw.

I still love Tom, and Lucy, and I really liked Jack this time around, but I just don't know how much more of it I can take.
Yeah, it's not completely without merit, but gah.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:sabra_n
Date:February 6th, 2007 08:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of the other Nakamuras. That resolution was way too easy.

Claude = the shit. I think we can all agree on that. He would be great under any circumstances, but the fact that he gets paired up with poor emo Peter only makes him better. Because sometimes Peter can use a punch in the face, you know?

And you're right; Isaac has no discernable personality. Simone isn't that much better, really, so their whole rooftop scene felt really undercharged and boring to me- I was only interested in seeing when Peter and Claude would be revealed. Say what you want about Matt's domestic dramas- at least the guy actually has a character.

-blue
[User Picture]
From:jadelynx
Date:February 6th, 2007 09:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
One thing: is his speech invisible too? I mean, does no one hear them blathering about through the sidewalks?

If it is, then it's a continuity problem, because otherwise why did Claude cover Peter's mouth when they were hiding in the hallway last week?
[User Picture]
From:maidofawesome
Date:February 6th, 2007 09:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I really want to see you perform half a flail.

OMG IT'S NATHAN JUST LIKE HALF OF EVERYONE GUESSED!!

I didn't guess! I just saw other people guess and stole their thoughts! But also, I hadn't seen the promo. It's Pasdar's fault for having very distinctive arms.

Sylar is awful, isn't he? That actor is amazing, though. My skin literally crawls when he's on screen and I can't sit still cos I'm all like ARGH HE'S GOING TO KILL CLAIRE'S MOM AND THEN ZACH IS GOING TO COME HOME AND HE'S GOING TO KILL HIM TOO AND THEN MR CLAIRE'S DAD IS GOING TO GET KILLED AND WHAT ABOUT THE DOG? Wait, I don't care about the dog. OH MY GOD MAYBE HE DOESN'T KNOW CLAIRE IS ADOPTED AND THINKS HER MOM HAS SUPER POWERS TOO!!

You know, kinda like that.

If Jessica killed herself or got killed, would Niki be free of her? Or just dead? Inquiring eyes need to know! Additionally, I am glad that she is free, because Ali Larter is all kinds of hotness, and that orange jumpsuit was not so flattering.

Yeah, the Hiro plotline was dull. And in the other dull plotlines I normally drift off or check my email (but still listen) but in Hiro's scenes today I had to watch, because I don't speak Japanese. Gah. I actually just spent all their scenes going 'BUT WHERE ARE THEIR SUPERPOWERS???' It will annoy me if they don't have any, because that would be the only family we've seen who are the exception to hte rule. Although, I guess Mama Petrelli doesn't have powers.

I wouldn't mind Isaac if he was in love with someone interesting. But I like him a lot more now he has stubble again. Without the stubble, he looked weird and ugly, and then there was no point to his character at all.

I didn't even notice Mohinder and Matt weren't in it until you mentioned it. Kill them off, Show!

I loved the Claire scene. Also, her dad totally does live in a penthouse in New York! She was half right! And he can fly! Which is way cooler!

(actually, it might not be a penthouse. But it probably is, because she made a point of mentioning it, and I don't think the show will be able to resist delivering on it....)

Ooh! I wonder if Mr Claire's Dad knows that Nathan is Claire's Dad! HE HAD HIM IN HIS GRASP!


GAH. This show just owns everything on tv right now. EVERYTHING. Even my favourite crappy soap, Hollyoaks, which has gone all Brokeback Hollyoaks this week.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 6th, 2007 09:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ooh! I wonder if Mr Claire's Dad knows that Nathan is Claire's Dad! HE HAD HIM IN HIS GRASP!
HOMG!
[User Picture]
From:magnolia888
Date:February 6th, 2007 11:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
This show is so fucking depraved. I can't take much more of T-Bag's Domestic Nightmare. It's just too uncomfortable.

I can't even watch the T-Bag stuff anymore and FF through all his scenes. It's not entertaining, he's just creepy and disgusting.

The occasional Michael/Sara stuff keeps me watching though. *sigh*

I hear ya on S60. I have the past few episodes sitting on TiVo, but I have no desire to watch them. I'm sort of hoping it gets canceled so I can delete them without guilt. I do love Matthew Perry, but this show has been such a disappointment.

I'm also behind on Heroes, but I'm not surprised it's Nathan.
[User Picture]
From:bigboobedcanuck
Date:February 7th, 2007 01:25 am (UTC)
(Link)
Michael! Sara! Making out! Aw! Love! Those crazy kids. And I fucking love that Kim tried to voice-fake Kellerman into believing the President would take him back. Haaaaaa. And then his DAMMIT expression when Kellerman figured him out. I could definitely watch more of When Allies Become Adversaries.

Totally. I fast-forwarded all the other scenes, because I just don't care. The main plot is great, but the rest of the show is so off the rails. Oy.

Claire continues to rule muchly. She's by far my fave character on the show.
[User Picture]
From:thekateyouknow
Date:February 7th, 2007 02:32 am (UTC)
(Link)
Simone sucks again. That's refreshing.

Yes, it was like an old warm blanket. Very comforting.

Isn't it liberating to give up on Studio 60? What a disappointment that turned out to be. I've never watched any other Sorkin show, but I get the vibe that he really didn't know for sure what kind of show he wanted to make.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:February 7th, 2007 02:37 am (UTC)
(Link)
SO disappointing. Don't let this sour you on Sorkin, though, as Sports Night is awesome, and I hear the same about The West Wing.
[User Picture]
From:thekateyouknow
Date:February 7th, 2007 02:33 am (UTC)
(Link)
Um, there is a man named T-Bag on that show? Nice.
[User Picture]
From:spideychris
Date:February 7th, 2007 03:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think I'm lucky that I watch Heroes 2 hours before you Americans. And I don't get any of the commercial promos for next week, so I'm completely unspoiled. I didn't see ANYTHING coming, besides what I could guess already (sister gets the company).

On one hand, I adore this amazing new facet to Peter's powers. On the other, it could make him a big Gary Stu, if it's not handled carefully.

And on yet another, it raises the interesting question of whether or not he actually steals the powers of people who aren't around when he calls back on them... We didn't see Claire healing to know if Peter cancelled her ability when he channeled it, but we did see that Isaac dropped out of his future painting mode around the same time that Peter channeled his ability.

I love love love love LOVE that Heroes goes and actually RESOLVES MYSTERIES for us EVERY time they introduce a new one. It's the opposite of Lost's "What're we gonna do now to confuse the audience?" dickery.
[User Picture]
From:missquita
Date:February 8th, 2007 01:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Okay, so didn't see next week's promo, thank goodness. I like not seeing them.

Pretty much WOOOOO to everyone here. I thought it would be Nathan! And how cool that Peter and Claire are related! Now we know why Peter feels so CONNECTED to her. Cuz she's kind of young so life he like-liked her -- well, that'd just be creepy.

Sylar scares the bejeebus outta me. Every time he was onscreen, I wanted to cry.

I was so glad Matt wasn't in this episode -- it was nice not to be annoyed! As for Hiro, I enjoyed seeing him interact with his family. And maybe now all ties to Old Hiro (except Ando) are severed -- he's completely committed to the mission. I think it was also nice to have the focus not be on Hiro. As much as I love Hiro, we really needed to concentrate on Peter. I don't know, maybe. Anyway, yay, Heroes!
[User Picture]
From:peri_peteia
Date:February 10th, 2007 04:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
THE LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED MANY TIMES ALREADY, PROMO GUY. SHUT UP.

THAT IS THE SAME THING I SAID.

And OMG NINE IS GURU PATHIK. HE TOTALLY IS.

AND THE FIFTH ELEMENT IS STILL LOOOOOOOOVE.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com