May 6th, 2006
|11:39 pm - Two Guys, a Girl, and a Podcast Place|
Have you guys been listening to Neptune Pirate Radio? Why not, you whores? Don't you do everything I tell you to? Geez! I've been really enjoying the show every week. It's got a kickin' theme song, and Sandy, Theo, and Scarlett have a nice, casual rapport that makes for a good listen. They sound like three VM fans chatting and laughing in a room together, and who doesn't love kindred spirits?
So of course I was honored when I was asked to guest host this week's episode because Scarlett was off eloping with Troy. Me! Chatting with Sandy and Theo! How frickin' cool!
And it was, in fact, more frickin' cool than I even imagined. Sadly, a lot of our frickin' coolness, like Sandy and me alienating Theo with our math geekiness, was destined to end up on the cutting room floor (or was never recorded in the first place). But I had a great time, and I met with their hearty approval.
So, if you miss me and my stupid-ass voice, download the latest episode. Here is a taste of what you can expect:
- "Hands in pants!"
- Veiled self-aggrandizement
- A gratuitous Scooby-Doo reference
- Two Truths and a Lie, for which this post would have been helpful
- A nice save...that you totally shouldn't realize is a save at all
- Theo and me making fun of Sandy for thinking we might not learn who caused the bus crash in the finale
- You know, Sandy has a nice voice. I'm just saying.
- Babbling. Hard. Core. Babbling.
- Gia love!
- Steve Guttenberg love!
- Theo and me making fun of Sandy for not being able to properly say the title of Three Men and a Baby
- Lost spoilers for this week's episode
- My rendition of Woody Goodman's Stonecutters song
- Theo and me making fun of Sandy for thinking she has an original idea
- Filling the Scarlett void
- The best intro Sandy and Theo have ever heard, so raucous that Bailey can't even start the music segment
- Buffy series finale and Angel S5 spoilers
- Emm Gryner pimpage!
- The sound of my notification of voicemail from incidentist
- A discussion of how amazing outoffashion is
- The Top Three Theo Fantasy Picks Who Have Absolutely Nothing to Do with Veronica Mars
- A failed attempt at a collective "Arr!"
- A successful attempt at a collective "Arr!"
- My totally awesome bus crash suspect that hellopoe will flip out over (hint: The French Connection)
- An obligatory CERVANDO KILLED FELIX mention
- Sandy's totally awesome bus crash suspect (hint: a vast Belgian conspiracy)
- Theo's...bus crash suspect, who is less awesome but still manages to invoke the French connection
- A litany of literary references for English majors who crashed the bus
- Bailey's totally awesome bus crash suspect that is so totally awesome because of the totally awesome person who came up with it
- An inspirational message
- Theo and me making fun of Sandy for...just kidding
Current Mood: happy
Current Music: Hawksley Workman - Your Beauty Must Be Rubbing Off
I'm not amazing... just involved. Hee. But really, you had the best pronouncing of my name ever.
What? For serious? Let me listen...
Oh, God, it sounds like I call you M-Monica.
Maybe it's just me with my speakers and/or ears, but it sounded like "Mon-laka".
Eh. I think having the dream was enough otherworldly P-C for me.
Just kidding, I'll totally download.
When I get home.
After watching the kickassiest finale evar.
Which is after a potential season 2 marathon with my sister because she probably hasn't been following this season and I want to catch her up yo.
So it'll be a while. Heh.
Oh man this sounds awsome! I've been waiting for the new episode, so thanks for giving me a heads up! I'm downloading it now, and I can't wait to hear you on it! Your list already made me crack up, so I just know this ep will be great! Yaay! :D
My totally awesome bus crash suspect that jascott will flip out over (hint: The French Connection)
Jacques Preppernau! He's french! That's the connection!
I know. I love JP. I was being deliberately obtuse.
And really, in a world where Nicolas Cage owns a house in the Neptune area and Aaron Echolls has at least one Oscar, is it really THAT farfetched?
Three Men and a Fetus!
Hey, thats you on the radio of the future.
Bravo, suh. Bra. Vo.
Whee! This is on my list of fun things to do later (first I have to take my mom out to lunch for her birthday, which was actually on Tuesday (when I had bronchitis, which I still sort of have, but I'm somewhat better).
Oops, my parens got a little loopy there. I'm not drunk, I swear.
Next time I call you, I'll be prepared with something interesting to say, just in case you're "on the air". Speaking of which...[calls you]
I listened to it this morning. You were great!
I just caught the Neptune Pirate podcast and wanted to tell you I enjoyed you on there. I find it interesting when people I know from TWoP's name pops up in places. Anyhoo, good listening to you.
Thanks! I find it interesting too.