?

Log in

You're the Human Magic Marker, Won't You Please Surprise My Eyes? - The Book of the Celestial Cow

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> My Website

January 29th, 2008


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
10:28 am - You're the Human Magic Marker, Won't You Please Surprise My Eyes?
It's my three-year LJversary, you guys! My LiveJournal is three years old today! It can almost walk on its own! Wait, it probably started walking before now. Maybe now it can talk. Can it play chess yet?

So as a birthday present, I am giving my LJ a new profile. Because God knows I've needed to update that thing for a long, long time.

But I need your help. What should I put in it? What kinds of things do you look for in a person's profile? A/S/L? Occupation? Fandoms? Personality? Friending policy? Thousands and thousands of colorbars?

One thing that I do always enjoy is testimonials! So I think that would be a good thing to put in there. If some randomite were to click on my info, I'd want them to know why he or she might want to read me. So, tell me:

Why do you read my journal?

Be as silly or serious as you want; I'll pick some choice favorites to stick in there.

If you need some inspiration for your answer, please fill out this important poll!

Poll #1129411 Journal Evaluation

What would you like to read MORE about in my journal?

Narrative accounts of my adventures
0(0.0%)
Whinging about my family and arranged marriage
0(0.0%)
My devious plan to marry Jenna Fischer
0(0.0%)
Frivolous toothpaste posts
0(0.0%)
Less frivolous posts of toothpaste length
0(0.0%)
Metafandom-type musings
0(0.0%)
Original fiction
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
1(1.6%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
Other
0(0.0%)

What would you like to read LESS about in my journal?

Narrative accounts of my adventures
0(0.0%)
Whinging about my family and arranged marriage
0(0.0%)
My devious plan to marry Jenna Fischer
1(3.8%)
Frivolous toothpaste posts
1(3.8%)
Less frivolous posts of toothpaste length
1(3.8%)
Metafandom-type musings
1(3.8%)
Original fiction
1(3.8%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
8(30.8%)
0(0.0%)
0(0.0%)
Other
2(7.7%)

I post:

Too often
0(0.0%)
Not often enough
17(28.8%)
Just enough
42(71.2%)

What's your favorite tag of mine?

How long have you been reading?

Since the beginning, baby!
17(27.4%)
A couple years or so
22(35.5%)
A year, perhaps
15(24.2%)
A few months
6(9.7%)
A few weeks
2(3.2%)
I just friended you, like, yesterday
0(0.0%)

Is there ever a reason to use a drop-down box?

No.
3(5.2%)
Efficiency of space?
20(34.5%)
WHERE'S MY TICKY?!
20(34.5%)
Where's MY radio button??
0(0.0%)
Good God. Jenna Fischer.
15(25.9%)

How awesome is my LJ?

Mean: 9.03 Median: 9 Std. Dev 1.03
1
0(0.0%)
2
0(0.0%)
3
0(0.0%)
4
0(0.0%)
5
0(0.0%)
6
0(0.0%)
7
7(12.1%)
8
9(15.5%)
9
17(29.3%)
10
25(43.1%)

Current Mood: hornyhorny
Current Music: The Lovemakers - Misery Loves Company

(65 memoirs | Describe me as "inscrutable")

Comments:


Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
[User Picture]
From:ryca
Date:January 29th, 2008 06:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
off-topic, but is your icon perhaps gankable? because it is fabulous, and I love that comic.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 06:37 pm (UTC)
(Link)
It is entirely gankable! Please credit the great avipedia.
[User Picture]
From:geekgirl84
Date:January 29th, 2008 06:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*Reading since before FOD became FOD. Good ol' OD days*
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 06:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ha! You're really an oldbie!
[User Picture]
From:r_a_l_i_g_h
Date:January 29th, 2008 07:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Happy LJ-versary!

And you may be glad to know that as a three-year-old not only is your journal walking and talking but it's probably even (mostly) potty-trained!

Three-year-olds are great!

They actually start to be real little people.

(Of course, you DO have to deal with an obsession with repetition. LOTS of whatever they love, be it kitties or trucks or Elmo or 50,000 rounds of "Little Bunny Foo-Foo"...all the above.)

[User Picture]
From:arie
Date:January 29th, 2008 07:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Sage started learning chess at 3. You probably can't play it yet, but you know how the pieces move!
[User Picture]
From:chasethestars
Date:January 29th, 2008 07:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Happy 3 years!

Thousands and thousands of colorbars?
I am going to assume that was a joke.

To the favorite tag poll question in which the text field did not have a long enough character limit: I picked "i am so awesome" before I loaded your tag page. It's still my favorite. "excessive use of profanity" and "myspace is a canker sore on the internet" come in second. I am picking these based on the tag name, not the actual contents of the posts.

Your profile should explain what Polter-Cow means. Or well, I want to know anyway.

Why do you read my journal?
Because there was a post about me before I met you (well, before I LJ-met you), and then another one after I met you. And I think I was mentioned again after that. I like reading about myself? I mean, you have interesting adventures and I like how detailed your entries about them are (even though sometimes they hit the character limit!). Don't use this as a testimonial though; I'll think up something better later :)
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:06 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I am going to assume that was a joke.
It was. MAYBE.

I am picking these based on the tag name, not the actual contents of the posts.
That was the intent of the question, so well done! Good picks.

Your profile should explain what Polter-Cow means. Or well, I want to know anyway.
There will definitely be a link added to the profile. For, lo, I have been asked this question many times.

Because there was a post about me before I met you (well, before I LJ-met you), and then another one after I met you. And I think I was mentioned again after that. I like reading about myself?
Hee.

I mean, you have interesting adventures and I like how detailed your entries about them are
Thank you!

(P.S. I like how you claim to have been reading me for a "few months," yet arie has only been reading for a "few weeks.")
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:sophia_helix
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I say less anime only because I'm not an anime fan.

Also, as you know full well, I will fight you to the death over who's going to marry Jenna, so I want you to post more about it so I can

a) Post a Powerpoint presentation on why my courtship will be successful

and b) threaten to tell your mother on you. ;)
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I say less anime only because I'm not an anime fan.
Hee, well, the next few new show squee posts will be anime...so, sorry!

a) Post a Powerpoint presentation on why my courtship will be successful
Look, dude, I HAVE A PENIS.
[User Picture]
From:latropita
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I read this journal because I need constant reminders of what I should be watching. Plus other reasons, but mostly that one.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ha, nice.

RUE!
From:hobviously
Date:January 29th, 2008 08:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I read it because you're the only cow I know! Cows give my life meaning, even if their narrative posts are sadly far too TL;DR for me.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 09:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That is very sad, buttons. Very sad indeed.
[User Picture]
From:upanashad
Date:January 29th, 2008 09:43 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I couldn't fill out your whole poll for my own neurotic reasons. Like, if I said I liked one kind of post, then I would be implying I didn't like the others, and that would be rude. And if I said I liked them all, that would just be fawning. And I'm too lazy to pick a tagline.

Anyway, I read your journal because you are witty, my dear.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 29th, 2008 09:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks!

I understand your neurotic reasons. Since I am neurotically analyzing people's answers in that same way!
From:serrana
Date:January 30th, 2008 01:25 am (UTC)
(Link)
*clears throat* A Testimonial, by Sara, aged somethingorother.

"Twice, in recent weeks, I have been asked, in my very own living room, if I am familiar with this Polter-Cow person. Both times I have been able to respond that yes, not only am I familiar with him, in his online aspect, but that he has persistently made insinuations about my default icon. I am not sure what this says about me or, indeed, about the gentleman in question (never mind the default icon). I am, however, confident that, should the question arise a third time, I will again answer in the affirmative: yes, we have engaged in conversation, and I will very likely go on to add, 'Say hi for me.'"
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 02:36 am (UTC)
(Link)
Ha! In your own living room, you say?
[User Picture]
From:mcfeste
Date:January 30th, 2008 02:25 am (UTC)
(Link)
I picked "being indian" as my favorite tag because of the content, but I now realize I should have chosen based on cleverness and wit! Oh noes! I hereby amend my choice to "good bad i'm the one with the sword." Or "not being a serial killer." Or "see cow run."
[User Picture]
From:etherealclarity
Date:January 30th, 2008 06:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I did my favorite tag based on content too. Ahh, well.
[User Picture]
From:finniscs
Date:January 30th, 2008 02:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
happy anniversary
and hello.
lurker here since you met the skunk.

its just taken me this long to work up the courage to see if I can be your friend.

your lj makes me smile, and cheer, and theres an occassional sniffle or two but basically, you're my hero.

and I think they should make a sitcom based on your life.

or maybe a drama.

a dramatic sitcom?

;-)




[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 02:57 am (UTC)
(Link)
lurker here since you met the skunk.
Whoa! That's quite a while. I just re-read that post a week or two ago.

...Wait a second, you're Stephanie's writing partner!! Hey!! Why haven't you said hi until now? I don't bite!

its just taken me this long to work up the courage to see if I can be your friend.
Well, it's a lot easier when I know you're there!

your lj makes me smile, and cheer, and theres an occassional sniffle or two but basically, you're my hero.
Aw, thank you.

and I think they should make a sitcom based on your life.

or maybe a drama.

a dramatic sitcom?

Ha, I've thought this myself sometimes.
[User Picture]
From:bsidetales
Date:January 30th, 2008 03:22 am (UTC)
(Link)
Wow, that's a big deal, man! Rock!

I tend to read your journal not only because you are clever and funny and write very good reviews on stuff, but because something endlessly thoughtful and true about you, too. You are quite compassionate and that always captures me. :]

(hahaha, your mood theme)

[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 03:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Aw, shucks.
From:harriettheelf
Date:January 30th, 2008 03:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
Three is probably one of my favorite ages for kids (squishy and huggy, yet still alarmingly forthright and blunt), so I predict this year will be good for you.

I ... don't know why I read your lj. I know why I started, but now I think it's just because I like you and I wonder what you're up to in the 29/30 days out of the month that I don't see/hear from/talk to you.

Hey, we should really hang out more often. Is it because I live in the City? Is that why? Or is it because I need to ply you with better/more baked goods? Do let me know.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:07 am (UTC)
(Link)
Is it because I live in the City? Is that why?
Pretty much! It's just easier to see people in the East Bay. It's definitely not you. I like you!

Or is it because I need to ply you with better/more baked goods?
Goods are good too!
[User Picture]
From:pixie37373
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
I read this journal because Sunil is the kind of guy who will buy you a stuffed puppy and let you squeeze all of the feeling out of his hand because you are sad. And I love him.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:29 am (UTC)
(Link)
You still remember that, huh? :-}
From:ikcelaks
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:28 am (UTC)
(Link)
It feels wrong to me that this LJ is only three years old, which is odd since the opposite reaction seems more natural for these sorts of things. I suppose the likely reason is that I associate you so closely with LJ that it feels like your journal has been around for as long as I've known you, which is not actually the case.

My favorite posts of yours are and will always be the ones with a more abstract and/or introspective flavor (Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that your first month's worth of posts were my favorite set.), although I look forward to following your BSG posts in real-time. I've never actually watched a show simultaneous with you since Gilmore Girls way back when before you started this bit. I expect that I'll enjoy it.

And, finally, I want to wish a happy birthday to your LJ. It (along with Jeepers Tseepers!) are the reasons why I came to participate even to the little extent that I do.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:37 am (UTC)
(Link)
(Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that your first month's worth of posts were my favorite set.)
Ha! Those posts suuuuucked. A lot like my first posts on my previous diary site. My posting style tends to change once I garner a readership. Then I consider my audience more, which is both good and bad. (Actually, I think I know the posts you're referring to, specifically, and one of them was actually a repost and doesn't really count. But the other one is nice, I agree. And I can't write that kind of post so much anymore because I feel more exposed and public now, so I find it harder to be honest and open.)

although I look forward to following your BSG posts in real-time. I've never actually watched a show simultaneous with you since Gilmore Girls way back when before you started this bit. I expect that I'll enjoy it.
I stopped doing BSG posts after a while because they didn't seem to generate much interest. But maybe I'll start them up again.

It (along with Jeepers Tseepers!) are the reasons why I came to participate even to the little extent that I do.
Aw.
[User Picture]
From:miniglik
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:40 am (UTC)
(Link)
Too. much. pressure! I cannot answer this quiz!

Why do I read you? I dunno, but I do know that when I'm on the computer, about half the time my four year old asks me what I'm doing online it's something like, "are you talking to Sunil?" Hee.
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
Heeeeeeeeeee. Aww.
[User Picture]
From:the_partyman
Date:January 30th, 2008 06:24 am (UTC)
(Link)
Jenna Fischer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
[User Picture]
From:harper47
Date:January 30th, 2008 01:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm terrible at these things - probably because I write in real life, when I blitzkrieg through lj I have my writing meter on low. But I met you through VM fandom and we shared the angst and the joy and I've continued to share some fandoms and enjoy your wacky adventures as the famous Polter-Cow and your family tales.

And well since I helped sponsor your run, I now feel I own you. Mwahahah! (hee - kidding, kidding.)
[User Picture]
From:glasseseater
Date:January 30th, 2008 02:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Have you met Sunil, sweetheart of the internet? This cyberweb darling will woo you in with his magic tales of a land called television! Follow him on his journey to find himself, other people, and sometimes even an entire band! He sings, he dances... into your heart!

I tried Sunil and I lost thirty pounds in two hours! My teeth have never been whiter! Results may vary!
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 04:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, you.
[User Picture]
From:lynevere
Date:January 30th, 2008 03:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Your poll results give zero a length. I call shenanigans.

But congratulations on the anniversary! I read your lj because it's consistently entertaining. I like living vicariously through your celebrity encounters. And sad but true: one the big downsides of the writers strike is that we don't get television reviews from you. I always like comparing my thoughts with yours, and you always have something interesting to say.
[User Picture]
From:etherealclarity
Date:January 30th, 2008 06:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Aside from the ridiculously impeccable taste in television, hilarious anecdotes about meeting celebrities and LJers, emotionally moving diatribes about personal experiences, and an extremely intelligent, witty style of writing, what is there to love about reading spectralbovine's journal?

How about the fact that underneath all that internet popularity is a genuinely warm and caring human being who would call someone he's never met before and cheer them up by singing songs?

And if that isn't enough for you at least ten times over, I suggest you go back to reading TigerBeat.

Edited at 2008-01-30 06:10 pm (UTC)
[User Picture]
From:spectralbovine
Date:January 30th, 2008 06:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Aw, I remember that! I forget what I sang. Except there was a lot of cheese involved.
[User Picture]
From:chasethestars
Date:January 30th, 2008 06:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
another idea for what to put in your profile:
your biodata

*hides*
[User Picture]
From:catatonia00
Date:January 31st, 2008 03:52 am (UTC)
(Link)
I wanted to rate your LJ with an odd number. Unfortunately, I brought down your rating average with a 7 because 9 means to suffer in Japanese characters. You know I'm random and thoughtful like that.


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com